BOARD AND STAFF
The Commission's Board of Directors consists of an Independent Chair, appointed by Cabinet, and four elected producer members.
Each year, the Commission appoints an Independent Elections Officer to conduct the election. The term is for four years and begins in June following the election.
- COMMISSION OFFICE
- Stephanie Nelson, Executive Director
- Joshua Crossett, Manager, Finance & Production
- Naylene Thompson, Office Administrator
- Kaitlyn Loewen, On-Farm Program Coordinator
- Riesa Kyne, On-Farm Program Technician
- Amy Keller, On-Farm Program Technician
- Mariah Schuurman, Production Coordinator
- Jenny Goertz, Accountant
- COMMISSION BREAKER QUALITY EGG PROGRAM
- Barry Harder, Transporter
- Christopher Richard, Egg Quality Control Technician
The BCBHE Producers' Association was formed in 1963 and consists of 4 producer directors, elected by the membership.
- To promote by closer contact and exchange of ideas and experiences, thereby endeavoring to solve the problems of the broiler hatching egg industry;
- To establish a better understanding and appreciation with the public and other interested parties concerning the broiler hatching egg industry;
- To stimulate, develop and encourage all and any necessary improvements in the disposition, sale or acquisition of any feed or other necessities and likewise to obtain any scientific aid or assistance of any nature and any kind with respect to any poultry and/or eggs; and,
- To encourage every and any economical plan or devise, which might be of assistance to producers of broiler hatching eggs and more solid contact with hatcheries, feed suppliers, processors and broiler growers.
The Association Directors represent hatching egg producers on committees and organizations such as:
- Sustainable Poultry Farming Group (SPFG)
- British Columbia Agriculture Council (BCAC)
- British Columbia Poultry Association (BCPA)
- Environmental Farm Planning
- BCPA Biosecurity Committee
- Emergency Response Planning Committee
- BCBHE PRODUCERS' ASSOCIATION
- Angela Groothof, President
- Kevin DeJong, Director
- John Driesen, Director
- Henry Roberts, Director